Transportation is key for Denver’s growth and RTD has a lot of progress with many existing light rail lines being expanded and several new lines under construction. Most of the lines that are proposed to be built in the future are for the North and NorthWest sides of town. Recent updates include:
- New Flatiron Flyer Bus: This brand new bus runs in U.S. 36’s express lane and offers many commuter friendly upgrades, 120-volt outlets, USB ports, overhead lighting, individual air vents and more bike carrying ability.
- US 36 Express Lanes are open for a toll fee.
- The East Rail Line that will run from Union Station to Denver International Airport is almost completed and running tests at this point. It will open in 2016.
- The Gold Line that will run between Union Station and Wheat Ridge and Arvada is under construction and will open in 2016.
- The Southeast Rail Line has been approved to be expanded to run to Ridgegate Parkway.